Flip flop wreaths are quite easy to make, they are a warm and welcoming craft work which can be decorated outdoors as well as indoor for enhancing the interior. During Christmas parties, Birthday parties or Summer parties, hanging flip-flop wreath will add more colors to the decoration.
Flip-flops are used for making nice and colorful crafty wreaths for different occasions because they are quite inexpensive art supplies which are available on almost all local stores. By using ribbons prints, deco mesh, artificial sunflowers or daisies along with flip flop slippers one can easily make eye-catching deco mesh wreaths for the doors decoration or summer event decoration. When beach themed decals are added to the flip-flops, the wreath turns out to be somewhat special and is called beach themed wreath. In other words, the name of the wreath with flip flop decoration changes according to the decals, decorative ribbons and accessories which are used for making the wreath.
Materials for flip flop wreath.
Making a flip flop summer mesh wreath is simple to make, it does not require a lot of budget because ribbons, flowers and pair of flip-flops are quite inexpensive these days. Here are few things you will need to make a deco mesh wreath yourself.
One roll of orange deco mesh which should be twenty one inch wide or more
One roll of yellow deco mesh which should be eleven inches wide or more (If it is christmas you can choose red, green and white colored deco mesh for the flip flop wreath).
One roll of 2 1/1 wide ribbon any pattern and prints
two rolls of 1 1/2 wide ribbon of any color, print and pattern
One pair of metal flip flops or any other material you love- Vintage or shabby chic will also be good to use for adding colors to the wreath.
A sign with inspirational quote, phrase or reference to flip flop wreath.
Yellow deco mesh wreath with summer flip flop pair.
Name initial in the middle of pairs. Cute one, wreath made on pool noddle using duct tape. Daises and straws used along with flip flop. Starfish in the middle of beach themed flip flop wreath. On noodle pool decorated with dairies. Snowflakes decorated for Christmas decoration over Xmas flip-flop wreath. Beach theme with starfish. Patriotic wreath with strip and star flip-flops. Chevron pattern wreath.
Tutorial of flip-flop summer wreath below.
- The first pic is images of all the items you will need for making flip-flop summer wreath craft for yourself.
- The orange mesh needs to go first, for, simply hold the ends of orange mesh and secure it to make the wreath shape, use wire sprigs for the doing it. With little effort, the wire sprigs will twist easily, just twist them around the deco mesh starting from the inside right of the wreath.
- Move the mesh down to approximately 12 inches and then gather it again, it will create a nice shape. Use more springs on the flip-flop wreath in order to secure the mesh.
- You need to continue the process inside and outside of the wreath unless you have a nicely shaped wreath ring for the flip-flop deco mesh craft.
- Once you are done with orange mesh, you should work with the yellow. For you need to cut it into 18 pieces or more, each should be 12 inches long or more.
- Roll the yellow mesh pieces together and add one to each orange sprig you have created on the summer wreath already, there must be at least 18 sprigs in total, eight on the inside ring and ten on the outside ring.
- Just like yellow deco mesh, you need to cut 18 pieces of ribbon, all should be 12 inches or equal to the size you had cut before.
- When the ribbon is cut, hold one piece of each color and hold all of them together pinching all in the middle.
- Now the only thing you need to add is flip-flops to make a nice summer deco mesh wreath. You will need a hot glue gun for attaching the pair to the wreath.
- Attach the sign or reference cardboard to the flip-flop summer wreath anywhere by using floral wire or glue or both at the same time