Making a plywood desk is not really hard especially when you have a free guide and plan. But mostly people wonder why to use plywood and not other woods for desk making. So, I’m here to share not only some amazing desk designs made of plywood but also to unlock the main advantages of this material. Let’s find out what I have for you.
- High Strength: When you joint two or more sheets together than you notice one thing and that is the high uniform strength. It is about 40 times stronger along the grain than across the grain.
- No Shrinkage, swelling and Warping: Solid wood tend to shrink and swell across the grain. But when we talk about balanced plywood panel then one thing which you are sure about is low shrinkage , swelling and warping. These features make this wood an excellent material for building beautiful plywood desk designs.
- No-Split: Plywood has crossed lamination, so when you nail it or add some screw then you don’t have to worry about the damage from splitting at all.
- Wide Size Availability: When you make desk from other kind of wood then you don’t get a wide sheet. But this is not the case with plywood. No matter you want to make a 25 feet desk or a smaller one, you will get a full wide sheet. The most common size is 6×3 ft. But you can expect to find large size plywood desk panels without much difficulty.
- Best Design and Symmetry: The manufacturers of plywood take into account symmetry and natural wood texture and figure. Therefore, you can find plywood with decorative effects.
- Curved Desk Design is Possible: When you want some curves in the design then it is really easy for you to get them from plywood. You can shape this wood according to your design. Therefore, you can make not only vintage but also contemporary plywood computer desk or other furniture made of plywood.
So, if you have a plan to create a desk either computer or strip one then you should use plywood as the base material because it will bring some amazing benefits for you.